Thursday, November 18, 2010

One Week Till Turkey Day.....

There's only one week left until Thanksgiving. I swear, the older I get, the faster time goes. I'm looking forward to this year's holidays, though, since my 3-year-old is at a good age for them. Halloween was a BLAST with him. I had planned on going to the gym on Thanksgiving (yes, it's open for a few hours), but then remembered the parade is on in the morning. Normally, nothing would make going to the gym take a backseat, however, it's not like the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is on every day. It's on once a year. And no, we don't have that DVR (or whatever you call it) thing. I either watch something when it's on or I pray for a repeat airing, which I guarantee won't happen with this parade.

My husband will be working, so I am happy to stay home and cuddle up with my toddler and watch this parade that I assume will be fascinating to him. A huge Snoopy? Dora? Cat in the Hat? Mickey? Ronald McDonald? All leading up to the unveiling of SANTA?! Oh, for the love of God, this kid is going to be in his glory. I have goosebumps just thinking about it.

So anyway, only one more week to go. I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm not rich money-wise, but I'm rich life-wise. I have two beautiful kids who I adore (most days). I am thankful for their smiles, their giggles, their cries, their yells. They are healthy. They can hear. They can see. They can feel. They can smell. They can taste. Heck, my son thinks I make delicious hot dogs. I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Great post...I got goosebumbs just reading it. My 5 year old and I watched the Peanuts Thanksgiving special tonight...love those Peanuts specials!

    ReplyDelete