Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's All About the Music

At the gym I go to, there's a track that goes along the outside edge of the weights and cardio machines for those of us that prefer to walk and get somewhere versus feeling like a hamster in a wheel....going and going and never really...well....GOING. Anyway, it takes 16 laps to make one mile on said track.

Many days, people walk out onto the track (most of the time without looking, which makes me want to backhand them), and they mosey. It drives me nuts. Why are you on the track to MOSEY? Go outside and stroll around. Go stroll around the building. Get out of my way. These aren't people that truly can't walk any faster, as we have those there too and I give them oodles of credit for putting in the effort. The mosey'ers just plain have nothing better to do and I often feel their sole purpose in going to the gym is to annoy me. But, I digress.....

As I pass the people that truly can't walk as fast as I do (I'll guess at around 3.8 - 4 mph), most times I notice that they aren't listening to any music. That's when it hit me. I can chalk my "speed" up to the music. It's invigorating. I like to walk to the beat of the music. Fast song, fast walking. Slower song, still a good pace, but slower than a fast song. (If that makes sense.)

It's taken me a bit to build up my music list on my mp3, and even now it's still not HUGE, but I thought I'd share some of my faves in case someone else is looking for good beats......

Waka Waka - Shakira
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
California Girls - Katy Perry
DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again - Usher
Dynamite - Taio Cruz
I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Imma Bee - Black Eyed Peas
Only Girl - Rihanna
Raise Your Glass - Pink
Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
Stronger - Kanye West
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
Telephone - Lady Gaga

I'm always looking for more to add too, so if you have any to share, PLEASE do!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I used this advice today. I've just been working out to whatever music they were playing at the Y. Which was helpful but nothing upbeat. I don't know how to "download" music to my ipod, unless it's coming from a CD I already own. On my Ipod tho, I have Pandora Radio, and I put in Black Eyed Peas. Most of the music was very upbeat( then they played some Justin Timberlake that wasnt..wtf) but moral of story, the 20 minutes on the treadmill went faster, and I upped the speed a bit more today! Thanks for the advice:)

    ReplyDelete